FOLLOWING ARE THE LATEST UPDATES REGARDING CHANGES IN EVENTS AND HOURS OF OPERATION DUE TO THE THREAT OF THE CORONAVIRUS. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR ADDITIONAL CHANGES AND DEVELOPMENTS.
If you are a local business, organization or event coordinator, please contact us with any updates you would like shared.
Events & Entertainment
• North Iowa Bulls Hockey / NAH3L Postseason Playoffs have been cancelled.
• Spring Arts & Craft Show at Southbridge Mall has been canceled.
• Wartburg’s St. Elizabeth Chorale at Holy Family Church has been canceled.
• Tinsely Ellis with Davina & The Vagabonds at The Surf Ballroom has been canceled.
• North Iowa Figure Skating Club’s Annual Spring Show at the Mason City Arena will be rescheduled for a date in the fall.
• North Iowa’s 2020 Dancing for the Dream is postponed until Saturday, June 27.
• NIACC Trojans Women’s Softball game has been canceled.
• NIACC Trojans Men’s Baseball game has been canceled.
• Arena Rock Spectacular at the Mason City Arena is postponed.
• River City Chorus Spring Show at North Iowa Area Community College Auditorium has been postponed
• Less Traveled: A Journey from Pine to Palm documentary viewing at the Charles H. MacNider Museum canceled
• A World class Gala A “Knight” to Remember at Newman High School postponed
• Live Music: Dan Tedesco at Mason City Brewing is canceled.
• Carden International Circus at the North Iowa Events Center is postponed.
• This Is North Iowa Tourism Summit at the Mason City Arena has been postponed.
• Savannah Sipping Society at the Mason City Community Theatre Performances scheduled for April 16 – April 26 have been postponed. We will keep you posted when we have a new opening date.
• Lions District 9NC Women’s Symposium at the Charles H. MacNider Art Museum has been canceled.
• North Iowa Fights MMA Competition at the Mason City Arena is postponed.
Attractions / Points of Interest Updates
- Cannonball 457 is not currently open.
- Cerro Gordo County Court House is closed indefinitely, except for court rooms & county auditor’s office.
- Charles H. MacNider Art Museum is closed to the public until further notice.
- Cinema West is closed until further notice.
- Country Axe is temporarily closed
- Diamond Jo Worth at Northwood will be closed until further notice.
- Frank Lloyd Wright Stockman House & Architectural Interpretive Center are closed indefinitely for tours and public visits.
- Hawkeye Harvest Food Bank is temporarily closed.
- Kinney Pioneer Museum is not currently open.
- Lime Creek Nature Center is closed until further notice. The outdoor trails are still open to foot traffic.
- Mason City Public Library will be closed until further notice.
- Mason City Senior Center is closed until further notice.
- Mason City Visitor Center is closed until further notice.
- Mason City YMCA is closed until further notice.
- Music Man Square and Meredith Willson Boyhood Home is closed to the public.
- NIACC Performing Arts Series have paused all events and will reschedule at a later date. If you already have tickets, please retain your current tickets. If a rescheduled date does not work for you, or if an artist is unable to reschedule, we will work with you to either exchange your tickets for another show or receive a refund.
- North Iowa Events Center is eliminating office hours until further notice. Please call us at 641.423.3811 between 10am-2pm Monday through Friday to discuss events/fair business or set an appointment and thank you in advance for your understanding.
- North Iowa Humane Society is temporarily closed.
- River City Mini Golf is temporarily closed.
- Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake is closed until March 31st.
- Wright on the Park is closed until further notice. Historic Park Inn tours are cancelled until further notice.
IOWA WELCOME CENTERS
• Top of Iowa Welcome Center (I-35, Exit 214) closed until further notice
• Davis City (I-35 Northbound, North of Exit 4) closed until May 11th
• Sergeant Bluff (I-29 Southbound, South of Exit 141) closed until May 11th
• Underwood (I-80 Eastbound, East of Exit 17) closed until May 11
• Wilton (I-80 Westbound, West of Exit 271) closed until May 11
Mason City Restaurant Updates
In accordance with Governor Reynold’s mandatory closings of the state of Iowa bars and restaurants, many local businesses have transitioned to offering carryout, delivery or window service at their establishments.
The Mason City Takeout Guide provides up-to-date hours of operation, menus, and services available.
If you are a local restaurant, please contact us with any updates you would like shared.
Mason City Retail Updates
As of March 26th, many local retailers (including bookstores, clothing & shoe stores, jewelry stores, beauty supplies & cosmetics, home decor, florists, and furniture) have also closed in accordance with Governor Reynold’s State Disaster Emergency Plan.
If you are a local retailer, please contact us with any updates you would like shared.
- Aldi store hours are 9am – 7pm
- Fareway in Mason City, Clear Lake & Charles City store hours will be open 8am – 9am for those 65 and older or with increased susceptibility to serious illness and expecting mothers. 9am – 7pm will be the hours for the general public. These hours will be in place until further notice.
- HyVee Stores new store hours for customers 60 year or older, expectant mothers and anyone with underlying health conditions will be 7am to 8am, seven days a week, all other customers may visit 8am – 8pm. until further notice.
- Market 124 is offering online shopping with curbside pickup.
- Staples store hours have been changed to 10am – 6pm weekdays; Noon – 6pm Saturday. Closed Sunday. Seniors or at risk customers are welcome to shop Mon or Fri 9am – 10am, prior to the general public.
- Target store hours have been changed to Senior shopping each Wednesday 7am – 8am; daily store hours 7am – 9pm
- Walmart in Mason City will be open 7am-8:30pm every day until further notice.