WELCOME MEETING & EVENT PLANNERS!
At Visit Mason City, we realize that coordinating any event can be an overwhelming task, but we’re here to help! Whether you need assistance with selecting a location for off-site events, securing hotel rates, obtaining the latest information regarding hotel availability, coordinating for tour options for the area or if you need a formal proposal to present to members, we are ready, willing and able. Plus, your event may quality for FREE money… Visit Mason City’s grant program provides financial assistance to help you attract attendees to your event. CLICK HERE to learn more!
Visit Mason City exists to ensure your success! To help you become familiar with the services offered, the following is a list of general services available. If you have a specific need that is not listed, please let us know, we would love to lend a hand in finding a solution.
HOW WE CAN HELP
- Arrange on-site visits of convention facilities and local attractions
- Contact lodging for bidding of accommodations
- Contact convention facilities for bidding of meeting facilities
- Contact restaurants / caterers for off-site meals
- Assistance with local transportation arrangements
- CLICK HERE to submit your bid request/RFP
- VMC webpage address on marketing materials
- VMC toll free number on materials to attain current lodging availability
Attendance Building Assistance
- Assistance with bulk mail registration materials
- Provide promotional materials for mailings
- Provide volunteers to assist with registration
- Provide name tags
- Arrange for local dignitary to give welcoming speech
Free Information Items
- Mason City Travel Guide and Event Guide
- Give-away items, city maps and community literature
- Welcome signs
- Provide suggested itineraries and assistance with customizing your groups travel plans.
- Assistance with special needs such as step-on guides, rental equipment, etc.
- Provide planning assistance for special activities (example: barbershop performances, etc.)
- Entertainment resource including guest speakers and entertainers
- Prepare and submit news releases to local and regional media
- Assist with notification and coordination of news conferences
Tourism Marketing Grant Program
- Grant program available to assist with costs associated with printing, advertising, welcome receptions and / or transportation