VISIT MASON CITY CELEBRATES NATIONAL PLAN FOR VACATION DAY
COVID-19 has affected all aspects of our everyday life. Throughout the past nine months, we’ve adapted to numerous health and safety protocols and other restrictions in an effort to slow the spread. We’ve canceled plans, postponed trips, and limited travel. It’s no wonder that Americans have struggled to use all of their earned vacation days.
And while many Americans are not ready or able to take a trip just yet, there is a wealth of information that says simply planning a vacation can increase happiness.
In fact, 97% of survey respondents say having a trip planned makes them happier—and that’s exactly what
we’re encouraging Americans to do this year.
In celebration of National Plan for Vacation Day (January 26th), Visit Mason City is joining forces with the Let’s Go There initiative to encourage Americans to still plan—or even book—future vacations, or to simply keep their travel flame lit and dream of their next getaway.
Led by a coalition of businesses and organizations, including many of the most recognizable U.S. brands from both within and outside the travel sector the Let’s Go There campaign aligns perfectly with National Plan for Vacation Day –
As you plan your future trips, the travel industry is ready to safely welcome you back—when you’re ready.
In 2020, the constraints of the pandemic resulted in Americans using, on average, just 6.8 earned vacation days for travel. Survey data shows that 84% of Americans are excited to plan a vacation in the next six months, indicating an impending surge in travel demand once conditions improve.
This year, National Plan for Vacation Day is taking place amid challenging times, but we can still look forward to—and plan for—brighter days. Whether you’re looking for unique experiences, a change of scenery, or a relaxing slowdown away from the crowds, we invite you to start making your plans to relax and reconnect in Mason City, Iowa.
JOIN US IN CELEBRATING NATIONAL PLAN FOR VACATION DAY:
- Click here for trip ideas and inspiration to help you plan your next visit to Mason City. (Click here for special deals and savings from our local tourism partners)
- Sign Up for our email newsletter and stay up-to-date on upcoming Mason City events, activities, and special announcements.
- Request a free Travel Guide featuring all the best places to explore in Mason City.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. On January 26, use the hashtag #PlanForVacation and tell us where in #MasonCityIA you’re planning to visit next.
- Most importantly, we encourage you to continue following health and safety guidance and travel practices which include wearing a mask, frequent hand washing, maintaining physical distance when possible, and staying home if feeling sick.